[MlMt] can I make rules apply automatically?

David Shepherdson david at shepherdson.name
Tue Mar 24 07:50:31 EDT 2020

On 24 Mar 2020, at 05.14, Jo wrote:

> so my rule for 'when message is read' kinda defeats the purpose, I
> suppose.

But, you can use the trick/workaround of having *another* smart mailbox,
which is set to include ‘messages in the first smart mailbox’ (under
Mailboxes) and ‘read’ (under Conditions), and have the rule on
*that* mailbox; then, when you mark a message in the first mailbox as
read, it will be ‘added’ to the second mailbox, and trigger the rule
there.

David