[MlMt] "Software Update Disabled"

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:40:19 EDT 2020

Hi, In Catalina, the root filesystem is actually read-only, and MacOS
performs some interesting tricks to make that work while allowing third
party SW to be installed, making it generally completely invisible to
users.  So perhaps you somehow copied MailMate into this read-only
partition?

To see the "writeable" /Applications folder, look at
/System/Volumes/Data/Applications/ in Terminal.  If MailMate is not in
there, then you need to move it there.  If it is there, make sure there
are no other copies anywhere.  If it still fails, this could be a bug in
the Beta version of MailMate.

Hope this helps.

-Eric