[MlMt] FYI: Don't go to Big Sur just yet.

Tue Jun 23 15:28:02 EDT 2020

On 23 Jun 2020, at 15:50, Denis Ricard via mailmate wrote:

> Well Scott, you and I might be interesting cases for Benny because I’m writing this in MailMate and in Big Sur, and I’ve had zero problem so far :)

One possible explanation is that you are using different test release versions. Unfortunately, Scott is using a more recent test release which means you might also see the crashing issue if you update to the latest test release (r5694). Speaking of that, a quick update on the test release: I'm still working on the new message view and I've now (re-)implemented the HTML embedding feature. This is what enables users to reply/forward HTML-heavy emails without losing the original look/styling of them. This was the last missing major feature of the old message view, but I still have a long list of minor issues and features I have to fix before letting users test it out.

> In fact, aside from a couple of apps that **decided** not to launch (displaying a nice dialog saying they were incompatible with the system version), I’ve had zero problems so far.

I've also had a direct feedback email from a MailMate user successfully using MailMate on Big Sur, but I'm sure that given time plenty of issues will show up during the next few weeks/months.