[MlMt] Smart Mailboxes out of sync

Stefan Buehler stefan at sbuehler.de
Tue Jun 16 06:16:13 EDT 2020

Dear MailMate experts,

I have made a mistake:

To setup mailmate on one particular computer, I simply copied my setup
files from “Library/Application Support/MailMate” to that computer
(Tags.plist, Identities.plist,	Sources.plist, Mailboxes.plist,
Submission.plist).

This has worked great so far, but in this particular case the problem is
that Mailmate was already used previously, at a time when my email was
on a different IMAP provider.

The result is that I now have a lot of duplicate mails in all my smart
folders. For the duplicates it says “- Unknown” under Source
Mailbox, where it normally would give the source.

My interpretation of this is that somehow mailmate still has these
messages, although there is no longer a source account associated with
them.

Is there a good way to get rid of the duplicates (by forcing mailmate to
rebuild its cache from the currently available sources)? Or should I
just delete all of Mailmates data (how do I do that, actually) and start
over?

Best wishes,

Stefan