[MlMt] Submailboxes for partial subject in 2020

Patrick me-lists.freron.com at patrickwelker.com
Tue Jul 21 07:09:37 EDT 2020

I want exactly this: [Submailboxes for partial
subject](https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate@lists.freron.com/msg02220.html)

So I went through the linked thread from 2012: ["Custom Search: remember
search
settings"](https://lists.freron.com/mailmate/2012-February/000197.html)
and checked where to find `specifiers.plist` in the [MailMate
Manual](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/customization). It looks like
Headers reside in their own file(s) now located in
`~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Database.noindex/Headers/`.

I have my regex ready to use. The subject line always looks like this:

```
Project Update #10: The Test Project by Your King MailMate
Project Update #23: Random Project by The Tester
```

Hence, this should do the trick when I pick the first match [1]:

```
Project Update #\d+\:\s([a-zA-Z0-9\s]+)\sby\s([a-zA-Z0-9].*)
```

Thing is… I can't find the `specifiers.plist`.

Alternatively, since the posts are from 2012/2014, there might now be a
better and less fickle way to do things.

What's the way to do this in 2020? I'm not afraid to edit PLIST's or
anything else, but I think I'd need basic instructions to how to
accomplish this.

Thanks.
Patrick