[MlMt] default account derived from context is not behaving?

Randall Gellens mailmate at randy.pensive.org
Sun Jul 19 17:28:55 EDT 2020

On 15 Jul 2020, at 21:27, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> On 14 Jul 2020, at 10:27, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>
>> Bringing up this old issue, as I just almost did something rather
>> embarrassing due to this "derived from context" setting not working
>> as I expect.  Comments inline.

>>> Deriving from context has some issues (or lacks a sufficient level
>>> of flexibility in its settings), but it's not really supposed to
>>> handle a case like this.
>>
>> In that case, can you please explain exactly what "derived from
>> context" actually does?  In my scenario above, there is no context in
>> the message that would lead MM to choose my comcast account as the
>> From address.  In fact, there's no context at all, except that
>> mailto: URL I clicked.
>
> Oddly, today this problem no longer reproduces for me.  I'm running
> the same version of MM (r5698) as yesterday.  I click the same mailto:
> link (from the Slack App in case it matters) I did yesterday, and
> today a compose window opens with the expected "companyZ.com" From:
> address selected.

When you previously clicked the link and sent mail, did you modify the
from address and/or account?  I've noticed that after sending a few
messages to a certain address and editing my from address, that MM
starts automatically changing the from address of a new blank message
after I set the to address to that certain one.

--Randall