[MlMt] MM keeps re-asking for password

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 14 20:02:11 EDT 2020

I've seen stuff like that when there are network issues—I think
that MailMate gets out of sync and then ignores what's in the
keychain. That is, the connection drops, it tries to reestablish
it, and when that fails it seems to decide that the problem was
with authentication.

As for ssh: my guess is that it's a NAT timeout issue. A couple
of years ago, when I was on sabbatical, I had to deal with a NAT
that was tuned for web sessions. I added

	ServerAliveInterval 60

to my .ssh/config file for the relevant destinations.