[MlMt] removing forwarding symbol ">"

Pete Resnick resnick at episteme.net
Mon Jan 27 14:05:39 EST 2020

Redirect is different than forward. Redirect has the original author's
email address in the From field. Forward has yours. Redirect is when you
want to have someone else reply to the message and leave the original
completely intact. Forward is when you want someone to see the message,
and possibly add some of your own text at the beginning.

"Forward as attachment" is a forward in that you can add your own text
at the beginning, but it leaves the original message without changes.
With a regular "Forward", you can do some editing of the original, but
in MailMate's case, it puts the quotes in front of the lines. I'm not a
big fan of that. I mostly use "Forward as attachment".

pr

On 27 Jan 2020, at 10:39, Ian Petersen wrote:

> Steve,
>
>> Hmmm... I'm not seeing that behavior unless the message I'm
>> redirecting already contains quotes.
>
> Yes you’re right, sorry. I’ll try to remember to redirect rather
> than forward then …
>
> Cheers
> Ian

Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best