[MlMt] removing forwarding symbol ">"

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Mon Jan 27 11:52:21 EST 2020

You have three options with MailMate.

Forward as Attachment creates a new message with the forwarded message
in a read-only wrapper. You can insert your own comments and signature
outside the wrapper. This is the option I prefer when it’s desirable
to preserve the formatting of the original message.

As noted, Redirect will resend the original directly, the only thing you
can change is the recipient list.

A third option is Edit as New Message… which creates a new message
exactly like the original with the option to edit the contents before
sending (assuming it’s in a form MailMate can edit).

On 27 Jan 2020, at 11:34, Ian Petersen wrote:

> Steve,
>
>> That's a redirect.
>
> I have to admit I’ve never heard of a redirect before. But choosing
> ‘redirect’ in Mailmate’s menu seems to also add quotes to the
> ‘redirected’ message. So that doesn’t really help …
>

> Cheers
> Ian

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net