[MlMt] ￿

Mon Jan 6 07:31:56 EST 2020

On 5 Jan 2020, at 20:19, Randy Bush wrote:

> up to date mojave on a maxed out 2018 13
> up to date mailmate
>
> it gets into a state where all message bodies are shown as a single
> little box, ￿

That does sound very strange and is new to me. If MailMate couldn't find
the cached email on disk then you should have gotten a message about
this. This could, e.g., happen if the folder used for the “Custom
Location” feature in the General preferences pane was somehow
lost/removed.

More likely, the emails do exist, but displaying them somehow fails,
that is, MailMate somehow fails to generate the HTML to be displayed. If
you reply to one of these emails, does the content then appear in the
textview?

In any case, you might get some useful error messages if you launch
MailMate from a Terminal window like this:

	/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate

You can send me the output using “Help ▸ Send Feedback” within
MailMate (if that still works).