[MlMt] newbie question about folders

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Sat Feb 1 09:13:07 EST 2020

On 31 Jan 2020, at 1:05, Jo wrote:

> ok got it. I would want it broken down a little more, I think, such
> that EVERYTHING doesn’t get lumped into the same archive.. but maybe
> I can filter within that?

Yes, you can setup different IMAP folders (I'm in the folders == folders
and IMAP accounts == Mailboxes camp) and add rules to the inbox to move
mails to these different folders. You can then easily add smart folders
to these folders to help filter the mail. This helps you keep your inbox
pretty tidy for all relevant mail clients but allows you to structure
your e-email fairly easily without having to setup fine-grained filters.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Kronenstr. 27a