[MlMt] pasting text from Word into a message

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 17:53:15 EDT 2020

On 30 Aug 2020, at 9:40, Glenn Parker wrote:

> I’m running macOS Catalina version 10.15.6, Microsoft Word for Mac
> version 16.40 (20081201), and MailMate version 1.13.1 (5707). I
> don’t use any third party clipboard utilities.
>
> In Word, I copy some text, and then paste it into MailMate. The result
> in MailMate is plain (editable) text, no image. It doesn’t matter if
> the text is simple or formatted.
>
> Checking the contents of the clipboard via the Finder (Edit/Show
> Clipboard) shows that the contents are in Rich Text Format (RTF).

I'm running macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Word for Mac 16.39 (20071300),
and MailMate 1.13.2 (5712). Copying text from Word and pasting directly
into a MailMate composer window results in a .png attachment being
created, although Finder's Edit--Show Clipboard says the clipboard
contains RTF text. (MailMate doesn't "offer to create" an attachment; it
just does it.) Pasting as plain text into MailMate does insert text as
desired, though; thanks for reminding me of that option, whoever it was
who mentioned it!

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com