[MlMt] pasting text from Word into a message

Glenn Parker glenn.parker at comcast.net
Sun Aug 30 09:40:06 EDT 2020

I did some simple tests, but I can’t reproduce this issue.

I’m running macOS Catalina version 10.15.6, Microsoft Word for Mac
version 16.40 (20081201), and MailMate version 1.13.1 (5707). I don’t
use any third party clipboard utilities.

In Word, I copy some text, and then paste it into MailMate. The result
in MailMate is plain (editable) text, no image. It doesn’t matter if
the text is simple or formatted.

Checking the contents of the clipboard via the Finder (Edit/Show
Clipboard) shows that the contents are in Rich Text Format (RTF).

If the selection in Word includes both text and an image, the clipboard
gets just the RTF with no image.

If the selection in Word is just an image, the clipboard gets an image
(TIFF). Pasting the image from the clipboard offers to create an image
attachment, as per usual.

Glenn P. Parker
glenn.parker at comcast.net