[MlMt] Show images in new message view?

Thu Aug 27 04:03:48 EDT 2020

On 27 Aug 2020, at 2:14, Simon Kaplan wrote:

In general, current test releases really are *test* releases. The new message view might seem like a small change, but it's a huge change and indirectly involves many parts of MailMate. It includes numerous fixes for old issues, quite a few new features, but also some new bugs and some missing features (compared to the old message view).

I no longer recommend using the old message view in the most recent test releases because it has become unstable for some users. (I don't intend spending time on fixing it.)

> Silly question here - I’ve switched the latest version w/new message view.  Pictures/images are now not downloaded at all, and the ‘show pictures’ button on emails seems to have vanished.

The “Load Once” button has not been implemented yet, but it's a fairly high priority. I've already got several requests about it missing :)

> What am I doing wrong/what do I need to set so that I get my show pictures button back?

You can enable “Unless messages are explicitly marked as Not Junk” in the Security preferences pane. Then use “Message ▸ Junk State ▸ Not Junk” to load images or bind a key to `markAsNotJunk:`.

Or downgrade to the public release by clicking “Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane and use the “Downgrade” button.

Or wait for me to re-implement it :)