[MlMt] Moving from Apple Mail to Mailmate

Antonio Leding tech at leding.net
Tue Aug 25 18:20:56 EDT 2020

Hello all,

After many years of using Apple Mail, I have hit a dead-end with regard
to both performance and search-ability.  I have always heard great
things about Mailmate but because Mail was working well — coupled with
a fair bit of inertia — I never took the time to really take a look at
MM.

However, due to the issues noted above, I find I am now taking that look
and so far, pretty darn’d impressed.  The only issue I’ve really had
thus far was not being able to have multiple SMTP servers but after
discovering the hidden setting to enable that experimental feature, I
now have some of that functionality as well.

So, to all those out there who have done a similar migration, I would
like to solicit any feedback (good and bad) you would like to offer
someone who is considering the same change.  My core questions would be
around performance (I have well over 150k messages across 12 email
accounts), reliability, SpamSieve functionality, things you wish you’d
known before migrating, etc.

As an FYI, I did check out the Mailmate Mailman archive but didn’t
find a lot concerning migrating from Apple Mail…hence this message.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you share…