[MlMt] Dark Mode

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.ORG
Thu Aug 20 14:16:39 EDT 2020

Charlie Clark wrote, quoting Dave C:

>> Replying because I’m curious: what’s the attraction to Dark Mode
>> many developers are offering?
>
> It's been popular for years among some developers, largely for that
> retro CRT VT 100 feeling. Personally, I blame The Matrix!
>
> Research suggests that dark mode reduces the amount of blue light
> we're exposed to ...

Speaking of the amount of light, the VT-100 has an inverse video mode.
I used to flip back and forth every few days, just to break the
monotony.  Since I was the only one doing this, I also used to put all
our terminals in the reverse video mode on weekends, to offset burn-in..
Heh.

Today's LCD/LED terminal emulators have been much easier on my eyes, and
I've stayed in the dark mode for some years now.

ビリー ヨーデルマん
+1 310 839 7673
http://MIX.ORG/