[MlMt] Future of Markdown syntax in Mailmate

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Mon Aug 10 10:33:14 EDT 2020

I haven’t tried this, but you MIGHT be able to replace the Sundown
binary inside MailMate.app with a symlink to the processor of your
choice. It looks like Sundown takes markdown on stdin and emits HTML on
stdout. It doesn’t appear to need any arguments. You may need to write
a wrapper script to your favorite markdown processor to behave
similarly.

On my system, MailMate’s embedded sundown binary is located at
`/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/bin/sundown`.

Good luck!
-sam