[MlMt] Future of Markdown syntax in Mailmate

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:50:35 EDT 2020

/max
https://xam.dk/about

On 10 Aug 2020, at 14:52, Andreas Sahlbach wrote:

> Oh interesting, it is actually working (I though it's not supported),
> because
>
> 1. I am missing
>     a) this
>     b) nested list

okey - not a big user of that :)

> which renders as a single line in HTML preview. Might be just a bug.
>
> I also would like to see
> - this
> - as
> - a list

  - this
  - is
  - a list

...that just seem to work.

> which is not recognized as list in sundown.
>
> I am missing ~~strikethrough~~ as well.

that could be handy.

> Or the fact that when I quote this:
>
>> ```java
>> public class Main {
>>     public static void main(String[] args) {
>>         System.out.println("This will be printed");
>>     }
>> }
>> ```
>
> it is not rendered properly anymore.

it is if you make sure its actually markdown...was missing a newline
after ```java

> But again: I am just one user, writing a lot Github Flavored Markdown
> and missing some of the features or features in general (and I have
> not listed all).
>
> Others might have a different opinion. Would be nice to have the
> markdown syntax a bit more configurable and adjustable and to see some
> progress here.
> 8 year old codes starts smelling...

Lets go for asciidoc then - true power ;)

I know Benny stated he was looking at making it more controllable but I
haven't heard something in a while.

For now i'm fine with what I got - no other email client let me do
markdown ;)

/max