[MlMt] Future of Markdown syntax in Mailmate

Andreas Sahlbach andreas.sahlbach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 06:44:52 EDT 2020

Hi!

I would like to ask (again), what are the plans of the mark down syntax
in Mailmate? AFAIK the current markdown is based on
[Sundown](https://github.com/vmg/sundown), which is deprecated since
2012 without any fixes or active development.

Since 2012 there are a lot of improvements in the Markdown language and
features and I saw several questions about supporting more markdown
features in the mailing list. I myself would love to see github flavored
markdown or even simple things like nested lists.

Are there any plans in doing improvements in this sector in Mailmate? Or
opening up the interface so that the community can write its own plugins
to enhance Mailmate?

I would love to continue to use Mailmate, since there are a lot of
features that I love. But the lack of progress in this sector bugs me
more and more, so I wrote this mail.

Best regards,

Andreas