[MlMt] Alternative Email Providers

Topher Buck topher at indigitis.com
Fri Aug 7 23:04:10 EDT 2020

Benny et al.,

Are the recommendations found on
https://blog.freron.com/2013/alternative-email-providers/ (now nearly
seven years old) still valid?

LuxSci looks good, but it’s too expensive for me. If I were looking
for email for a business, I might be able to justify the cost—but not
for personal email. Based on your recommendation, I have used Cotse for
the past few years, and I have been very happy with the service; the one
drawback is that Cotse does not support IMAP keywords (labels, tags),
and, increasingly, I would like to use labels to organize messages (some
with multiple labels), rather than moving messages to folders. For that
reason, I’m considering trying another service provider (e.g.,
Fastmail, Protonmail, Runbox).

I have read the following threads, and there may not be much to add at
this point, but I thought I’d ask anyway.
https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate@lists.freron.com/msg11960.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate@lists.freron.com/msg07898.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate@lists.freron.com/msg09234.html

Thank you,