[MlMt] "Enable full Spotlight access?"

TJ Luoma luomat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 09:48:01 EDT 2020

I was setting up MailMate on a new Mac and saw this message which I
have not seen (or at least noticed) before:

https://i.luo.ma/MailMate-Full-Spotlight-Access.png

I found this very confusing. What is "the Spotlight interface"? I
usually only think of myself as using Spotlight in Finder, so I'm not
sure what I would be missing if I chose "Only Index for Finder".

The prompt seemed to want to suggest that I choose "Use Custom
Location" and select my $HOME, so I did, which created a
'com.freron.MailMate' folder in '$HOME'.

Is this something I can change later? I'm still not sure which option
would be better for me or why one is better than the other.

Sorry for being dense. I blame being stuck at home for a month. I
think my brain is drying up. 🤪

Tj