[MlMt] Confused About Threading

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.ORG
Sat Apr 18 18:06:19 EDT 2020

Robert DelRossi wrote:

> * I get an email today that is addressed to me and Recipient B.
>
> * I "Reply All." The message appears in my Sent Messages folder and
> indicates it went to the sender and Recipient B.
>
> * A while later, Recipient B also replies to all.
>
> * In MailMate, I see collapsed outline of the correspondence. It
> starts with the original message. If I open the disclosure triangle I
> see Recipient B's response, but not mine.
>
> Shouldn't I see the original message, then, at the next level of the
> outline, my response followed by Recipient B's response?

If your reply is not in the same folder, then no.  Sent Messages is a
separate folder..

> The way things are, I don't have an accurate history of the
> correspondence among all three of us, and that's troubling to me.

I BCC myself on everything I send, which for me is easier and cleaner
than looking at All Messages.

https://manual.mailmate-app.com/hidden_preferences and scroll down to
Composing for info about how to do this.

ビリー ヨーデルマん
+1 310 839 7673
http://MIX.ORG/