[MlMt] Signatures "learn" too aggressively

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Mon Sep 23 10:21:35 EDT 2019

Benny,

I have a signature that I’d like to use only when I’m sending FROM a
certain account TO a certain mailing list. Both new messages and replies
BUT no other messages.

So I set up a new signature and listed my FROM address in the
“Address(es)” field. MailMate immediately learned by example to use
my new signature when I address a message to the mailing list, but over
time it seems to be trying to use the signature in other cases as well.
For example, if someone was CC’d on a message to the mailing list, and
I later send an off-list message to them, it tries to use the signature.

This is frustrating because I don’t always catch it and end up sending
a confusing sig.

Is there any way to explain to MailMate that I really only want it to
use the sig when this mailing list is a recipient?

Ideally I’d like is to be able to give MailMate hard-and-fast rules
for when to use each signature, without it trying to “learn” what I
prefer.

Thanks and great product as usual!
-sam