[MlMt] VPN conflicts

Peter Borsella peter.borsella at winnowmanagement.com
Mon Sep 23 09:38:26 EDT 2019

Hello, Rob,

I’m not much of a network engineer, so I’m expecting I’ll need to
explore more about what’s going on as I simultaneously learn.  I’m
encouraged that you find it surprising that I’m having difficulty with
my VPN, having thought it was “normal.”

I’m using the PIA (Private Internet Access) tool.  And, my problem is
indeed related to outbound traffic, with Mailmate telling me that it
can’t send messages, leaving them for re-attempts in my Draft folder.
I then turn on the VPN, close Mailmate, launch again, the mail goes out
without a hitch.

If there’s any more details I can provide to assist in trouble
shooting this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Peter