[MlMt] Help: Using MM with Third Party Contact Programs

Bruce Lynn bruce at mymacmail.com
Sat Sep 14 12:22:43 EDT 2019

I have been using MailMate for 25 days now and was writing an email that
I wanted to go to a subset of my contacts. My primary program for
contacts is Busy Contacts. Within Busy Contacts I have a group of
contacts I named Email. This is a group of people I will email
occasionally. With Apple Mail I could open Busy Contacts, hold down the
⌘ (command) key, select the recipients and drag them to either the
“CC” or “BCC” fields of the email I was composing. This does not
work with MailMate. With Apple’s contacts nothing happens, with Busy
Contacts it copies over the contacts physical address and phone number
and with Cardhop only the name is copied over.

Some of you might be thinking why doesn’t he just start typing names
and let them autocomplete. The answer to this is that I have a large
group of people that I email occasionally and I do not remember every
name in the list. Additionally I limit the recipients in this list to
those who I believe are really interested in the topic.

--

Bruce Lynn