[MlMt] iOS

Eric Sharakan esharakan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 11:42:09 EDT 2019

On 11 Sep 2019, at 11:28, Robert Goldman wrote:

> I use Airmail as well, and am relatively happy with it.  TBH, I can't
> recall -- I wish I took better notes about things like this -- what it
> is about Apple's own iOS Mail that I didn't like.  I think it was
> because "mark as spam" required too many selections and button pushes,
> and I can configure Airmail to do that with one click.
>
> A couple of misfeatures:
>
> Airmail mooshes together the notions of "tag" and "file" in a way
> that's not helpful.  E.g., their "move to" menu talks about "labels."
>
> Related to this, I don't understand what happens when I put Airmail
> tags on a message, and how to make Airmail's tags visible to MailMate.
>  MailMate can see "star" (flag), but nothing else.

This was one of the main draws to the Preside iOS App for me: the
ability to have tags interoperate between it and MailMate.

Plus it's as customizable as MM, though the preferences screens remind
me of that old text base game when it would say: "you are in a maze of
twisty little passages, all alike" :-)

-Eric