[MlMt] mailmate day to day issues

Ian Hiscock ian at hugnhold.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 10:23:39 EDT 2019

I love mailmate, but there are a small number of minor annoyances.

I think these are recent changes:

- I prefer most recent emails at the top. Whilst folder sort order is
kept a recent release means the position and focus within folders is
(usually) no longer preserved when switching folders. Instead position
is set to one of the oldest emails and usually requires a click and
option+up to return to the top.
- some emails I receive are formatted using <div> tags to separate lines
(looking at an example from 'YMailNorrin'). These show as separate lines
when viewing the message but are merged together for the reply making it
hard to pick out individual points without addiitional effort.

These are longer standing:

- I'd really prefer option-delete on whitespace to remove all the
whitespace up to the next word, and not include the following word. The
behaviour does seem to mirror textedit but not my day-to-day code
editor.
- Can I bind a key to copy the 'from' or 'to' email address (without the
name) to clipboard? It's a common workflow for me to lookup a customer
using email on an incoming email or reply - currently this means using
the mouse.

Build 5655.