[MlMt] Mailmate can’t reach server, weekly

Dave C davec2468 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 13:43:51 EDT 2019

On average of weekly, Mailmate will put up an error dialogue saying that an account (usually Yahoo accounts, but not always limited to that domain) password is incorrect and ask me to input the correct one. This always fails (even after multiple attempts), so I click the Cancel button and live without that account for a day. Next day I take these accounts online and all is good for another week.

My other mail access is via Apple Mail app on my iPhone. This never gives trouble with these same accounts. (Both the Mac and iPhone use the same network broadband connection when these issues occur—the Mac via Ethernet and iPhone via WiFi.)

Why does Mailmate give me grief when the  iPhone does not?

Thanks,
Dave

MacOS 10.12.6
iOS 12.1.2