[MlMt] MailMate slowness?!

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Mon Oct 14 09:40:35 EDT 2019

On 12 Oct 2019, at 10:57, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:

> Angelo Machils via mailmate 2019-10-12 8:20 wrote:
>
>> I just got a secondhand MB Air (2015) and of course installed
>> MailMate. I have had a (very) similar machine before, but I can’t
>> really remember if MailMate was so slow on that as well.
>
> For me MailMate is not super fast but I do not see the kind of
> slowness reported in this thread.
>
> I have a MacBook Pro from 2012, upgraded with an SSD and more RAM.
> MailMate handles almost 90000 e-mails for me.
>
> macOS 10.14.6, MailMate 1.13 (5655).

I have a very similar setup except mine's an early 2013 MBP, and I have
also noticed some slowness ever since I upgraded from El Capitan to
Mojave.  The first time I launched MailMate after the OS upgrade, I saw
spinning beachballs at startup and the first few times I opened smart
mailboxes, but since then it's settled into being poky but not
beachbally.

I assumed it was because I'm storing just over 283,200 messages in
total, but based on this thread, maybe there's more to it than that.  I
see the most slowness in rendering the message view as I navigate from
message to message in my main smartbox, and in opening the reply window
for any message with more than a couple of layers of nested quotes
(people at work just will not give up the top-reply format).

--
Eric A. Meyer - http://meyerweb.com/