[MlMt] MailMate slowness?!

Angelo Machils angelo at machils.org
Sat Oct 12 02:20:47 EDT 2019

Hello,

After a while of not using a Mac, I just got a secondhand MB Air (2015)
and of course installed MailMate. I have had a (very) similar machine
before, but I can’t really remember if MailMate was so slow on that as
well. For example, if I click the reply button or type COM-R, it takes
about 3-4 seconds for the window to show, sometimes I even see the
spinning ball. 3-4 Seconds don’t seem that long but with the stock
Mail application, the window appears instantly.
Also, when typing with MD preview, I actually type faster than the
characters appear on the screen, also in the text window. Something I
haven’t seen since the days of a serial terminal :) None of my other
applications seems so slow/sluggish.

I understand my system is far from being a powerhouse, but I never
considered MM to be a ‘heavy’ application.

Regards,

Angelo