[MlMt] sluggist Mailmate - how to optimise?

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Fri Oct 4 05:43:48 EDT 2019

On 3 Oct 2019, at 19:23, Glenn Parker wrote:

> I see occasional delays of 10 to 30 seconds when starting a reply
> message. My first guess, given the powerful search features of
> MailMate, is that a large database index is being rebuilt
> periodically. This may be related to personal configuration, since the
> reply address completion feature can be tweaked to draw from a
> potentially large dataset.

I'd actually doubt that. Creating the DB initially will take a while but
updates should be pretty fast. I do see some delays when sending mails
with attachments but reckon these are down to assembling everything. But
basically without Benny's input and/or logging it's all idle
speculation. If you can recreate things then maybe filing a bug is the
best approach.

However, one thing I have noticed since 10.4.6 is occasional complete
freezes of the mouse. Apple does, unfortunately, have a record of
introducing random bugs in OS releases, especially as they prep for next
major ones.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark