[MlMt] UK email provider recommendations

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Wed Nov 27 08:09:53 EST 2019

On 27 Nov 2019, at 7:01, Seamus Phillips wrote:

> FastMail seems ideal, but servers are quite remote (New York based if
> I understand correctly).  Perhaps I am being over cautious about
> distance…

While FastMail is an Australian company, their servers are located in
New Jersey.

I agree that you’re being overly cautious about the distance.

If you’re concerned about data privacy or government interference,
here’s what FastMail has to say:

* [FastMail's servers are in the US: what this means for
you](https://fastmail.blog/2013/10/07/fastmails-servers-are-in-the-us-what-this-means-for-you/)
* [FastMail is not required to implement the Australian metadata
retention
laws](https://fastmail.blog/2015/04/09/fastmail-is-not-required-to-implement-the-australian-metadata-retention-laws/)
* [GDPR is here!](https://fastmail.blog/2018/05/24/gdpr-is-here/)

Hope this helps.