[MlMt] UK email provider recommendations

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Nov 27 07:11:54 EST 2019

On 27 Nov 2019, at 13:01, Seamus Phillips wrote:

> FastMail seems ideal, but servers are quite remote (New York based if
> I understand correctly).  Perhaps I am being over cautious about
> distance…

Distance isn't a real problem: there are some nice images showing the
topology of some connections. But GDPR will be a bigger issue as safe
harbour or whatever it's currently called, isn't sufficient if personal
data is a concern. You will need a EU-homed servers but this is what
most providers now offer. But 50 GB for a single mailbox will be
expensive.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark