[MlMt] Keyboard shortcut "Single Key Read"?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 04:38:19 EST 2019

>> I Fully grok your mindset here. I had the same.
>
> Thank you. It is important for me to know, that there are other users
> who like the suggested feature too.
>
>> I did jump to mailmate in the end though since mailmate is so much
>> better
>> in almost any other aspect than Thunderbird.
>>
>> And to be clear you do not need to use any modifiers to go to next
>> unread.
>> I have 'n' as my next unread.
>
> Yes, but with that command you are stucked in the mailbox, where you
> are at the moment.
>
> To get to the next unread in the next mailbox you need another
> command.

Yes, and that’s why I compromised it so that I simply have to push
shift+n when I want to move further.
You could make it so 'b' moved to next so you only need to move your
finger one slot to the left :)

>> I would love for Benny to add a nextunreadornextcountedfolder command
>> but I
>> would encourage you to try mailmate out even before that happens :)
>
> : ) That's what I'm doing right now.
>
> Would you (or others) who are experienced with Thunderbird like to
> help me to explore in which aspects MM is superior to TB?

Here are my on top of my head features:

scalability: with mail mate I'm now at 1.000.000+ messages something I
never got near with thunderbird - I stopped using thunderbird the 3rd
time I had it corrupts its own database and then spent days downloading
all messages again.

bundles: I use a bunch of the bundles built in but also written a few
internal processes, like take expense emails through a filter which then
generates content in my clipboard I can then put into a spreadsheet ;)

markdown for email: nuff'said ?

integration with spotlight on osx: not sure if thunderbird does this by
now but i use it often now with mailmate (its in many cases faster than
mail mate to do focused search)

smart mailboxes: I do not know of any other mail app which can handled
smart mailboxes as well as mail mate.

> Independent of that:
> Are anyone of you uses the filter type/language SIEVE and declares the
> rules inside MM?

MM doesn't support editing SIEVE rules. It does have integration support
with spamsieve.

That said I uses neither as I don't want my desktop client to do the
bulk filtering as
it is not always running thus my mails gets cluttered when just on
phone.

I use imapfilter and have a fairly complex implementation which I some
day will try and
make possible to share..some day ;)

That said mailmates filtering rules are very good and if I just used my
desktop for mails or it was always on I would be fine with mail mates
filters.

/max