[MlMt] gpg after upgrading to 1.12.5

Mark Allman mallman at icir.org
Tue May 28 15:57:16 EDT 2019

Hi!

I upgraded to 1.12.5 this morning (under macOS 10.14.5).  Now, every
time I try to send an email I get an error dialog that says:

  OpenPGP signing failed

  The following details might help you fix the problem:

  Signing or encryption failed for unknown reasons.

Any idea why?

I see the following in the release notes:

  Changed: Use /usr/local/bin/gpg by default for OpenPGP. This works
  with both GPGTools and brew (the gpg and
  pinentry-macpackages). Updated the manual.

So, I checked and sure enough I have /usr/local/bin/gpg and it seems
to work from the command line.  I made GPGTools check for updates
and it found nothing, so I guess I am running the latest and
greatest there.

I checked my notes from installing MM and they don't suggest I set
anything particularly weird or special to get PGP working.  The
notes just say I installed GPGTools and enabled OpenPGP in MM and it
Just Worked.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks!

allman