[MlMt] is it possible to search on Msg ID or "Warning: Email not available on disk" status ?

Michael Dunston mdunston at music.vt.edu
Wed May 8 16:08:48 EDT 2019

On 8 May 2019, at 13:56, Bill Cole wrote:

> I did also answer the question. In short: it can't be done.
>
> MM does not actively monitor the existence of message files.

But MM does appear to be internally storing a Msg ID value for each
message which matches the *.eml file on disk, as these can be enabled as
a column in View -> Columns and they appear to match the file name of
the message (in the local file store) as identified by the AV scan.  I
have tried enabling “Message-Id”, “Message-data-Id”,
“#Filepath”, “Filename”, “Filename#LC” as searchable fields
in the Edit -> Find -> Mailbox Search “other” options, but none of
these seem to be able to find messages by the Msg ID displayed by
Mailmate or the the *.eml files on disk.  Thanks though.

--
-- Michael Dunston
-- Recording and Production