[MlMt] Notes on latest test release and Gmail OAuth application verification

Michael Dunston mdunston at music.vt.edu
Wed May 8 11:16:34 EDT 2019

On 30 Apr 2019, at 12:43, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> It's worse than that—many organizations have outsourced their email
> to Google. My
> university does, though I still run my own mail server…

It is the same situation here.  Although I likely used a @vt.edu account
when registering Mailmate, our university also unfortunately outsources
its email to Google.  Our university IT actually stopped support the use
of desktop email clients a while ago, with the only “official” way
to access email being the Gmail in a browser.

--
-- Michael Dunston
-- Recording and Production