[MlMt] is it possible to search on Msg ID or "Warning: Email not available on disk" status ?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Wed May 8 00:49:44 EDT 2019

On 8 May 2019, at 0:03, Michael Dunston wrote:

> I am wondering if there is a way to easily identify any and all
> messages which have been quarantined (removed from the local mail
> store outside of MM) so that the messages can be explicitly (manually)
> deleted within Mailmate to delete them in the IMAP side too.   Is it
> possible to search on the message ID, or even better simply find all
> files which have been removed from disk and are now returning the
> “Warning: Email not available on disk” message?  I tried a few of
> the options in the “Other…” category of the custom search, but
> have not yet found something which might do this.  Thank you for any
> tips or suggestions.

Tip: don't let other programs do data violence in the MailMate message
cache.

The MM search database indexes the message cache but MM can't tell that
the underlying message file has been deleted until it tries to access it
and finds nothing. If you need to automate deletion of messages from
outside of MailMate, it can be scripted.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
NOT Available For Hire