[MlMt] Notes on latest test release and Gmail OAuth application verification

Thu May 2 05:19:30 EDT 2019

On 30 Apr 2019, at 18:24, Dave C wrote:

> Re WKWebView, can the new features be selectively enabled? For
> example, I am locked (because some apps are locked to it) to MacOS
> 10.12 right now. Can image blocking be not enabled and MM still use WK
> except for that feature such that it will work in 19.12?

I don't like the idea of disabling image blocking, but the changes
needed for WKWebView might be too much of a hassle to keep the WebView
solution for earlier macOS releases. In that case, disabling image
blocking for earlier releases might be a solution. Alternatively, I can
possibly still block things using different methods.

(But I'm probably not close to completing the WKWebView solution.)

> Re Gmail: good! If MM is forced to drop Gmail, I’ll finally drop all
> those horrible “free” accounts.

I'm glad that's an option for you, but note that around 25% of
registered MailMate users used a Gmail-address when registering. In
addition to that, many users have secondary email addresses using Gmail
and/or custom domains with Gmail-accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if
more than 50% of MailMate users somehow rely on at least 1 Gmail
address. I have to do whatever I can to continue to support Gmail.