[MlMt] MM is not Deleting messages on an Exchange server? ; Deleting old attachments

Wed Mar 27 10:11:26 EDT 2019

On 26 Mar 2019, at 0:16, Roger Bohn wrote:

> So, it appears that MM is not updating back to the server, when
> something gets deleted.

Make sure that all mailboxes are online and synchronized in MailMate.
You do this by looking under SOURCES in the mailbox list. Make sure
nothing is greyed out, listed as “offline”, or has a persistent
spinner.

> Question 2: How to bulk delete old attachments? I want to delete, from
> my hard drive and from the server, all attachments older than a few
> months. I can do this by locating the attachments folder in my
> Library, and manually deleting them, but this is not very practical.
> Is there an automatic way to do this?

This won't delete them from the server. It's just a cached file for
MailMate to display the attachment.

Removing attachments from emails works better in the 2.0BETA variant of
MailMate. It can also remove attachments from multiple selected
messages. It's available for download
[here](http://updates.mailmate-app.com/2.0/archives/MailMate2Beta.tbz).

> Even better: If I have SAVED an attachment from a mail message into my
> downloads folder, is there any way to automatically delete the
> attachment from mail immediately? This would be very nice.

That's not currently an option, but the 2.0BETA has both a Save and a
Remove button which makes it fairly easy to follow one by the other.