[MlMt] MM is not Deleting messages on an Exchange server? ; Deleting old attachments

Roger Bohn Rbohn at ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 25 19:16:03 EDT 2019

When I delete a message on MailMate (which moves it to the “Deleted
Messages” folder), the message still shows up when I read my mail on
my iPad.
The iPad uses Apple Mail to talk with my company Exchange server.
MM on my Macbook is running IMAP protocol, with the same server
(outlook.office365.com).

So, it appears that MM is not updating back to the server, when
something gets deleted.
Is there a way to fix this, so I only have to delete messages once, and
don’t see them again on my iPad?

thanks for suggestions.

Question 2: How to bulk delete old attachments? I want to delete, from
my hard drive and from the server, all attachments older than a few
months. I can do this by locating the attachments folder in my Library,
and manually deleting them, but this is not very practical. Is there an
automatic way to do this?

Even better: If I have SAVED an attachment from a mail message into my
downloads folder, is there any way to automatically delete the
attachment from mail immediately? This would be very nice.