[MlMt] Preview Pane should show last new item

Tue Mar 26 08:50:02 EDT 2019

On 6 Mar 2019, at 17:41, Michael Nietzold wrote:

> When:
> - i select in 3Pane view some messages
>
> what i see:
> - when i select vom up to down then always the same first (by Date)
> message is in preview
> - the same message is always reloaded on each new selected
> - if i revert the order by Date then it is reverted: i always see the
> first message by Date
>
> what i expect:
> - always the new selected message should be in preview
> - when i select from up to down then the last message
> - when i select from down to up then the first message

Just to be sure, this is about selecting multiple messages in the
message list?

First of all, current behavior is kind of random (but most often related
to date). The whole “previewing multiple messages” feature is a bit
of a hack and it'll stay that way until I hopefully get around to
replace it with a solution based on multiple HTML views instead of
putting everything into one view (which doesn't really work with HTML).

In any case, I think most users would expect the order to be the same as
the order in the message list -- disregarding the selection order... It
could possibly be an optional feature, but keep in mind that this is the
first time anyone has requested this behavior.