[MlMt] Mail to all members of certain groups in Contacts.app?

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 13:38:55 EDT 2019

On 24 Jun 2019, at 13:27, TJ Luoma wrote:

> I have several "Groups" in Contacts.app on my Mac (not "Smart" groups,
> actual groups) that I would like to be able to email.
>
> Is there a way to do this with MailMate?

Just begin typing the name of the group into the To: field (or Cc: or
Bcc: field) of the composer window. Mailmate will offer to autocomplete
the group name, which will be followed by the word "Group" in
parentheses to show you that it's the name of a group.

Before you send the message, sure that the group name has expanded to
list all the members of the group in the To: field, rather than still
showing only the name of the group! This will happen automatically when
you hit Tab or comma to move on, but may not happen if you, for
instance, manually click into the next field you want to enter something
in. If the group name has not expanded, the message will not be sent to
the members of the group. (One guess how I know this 😉)

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com