[MlMt] move and open

Alain Israel aisrael at pasteur.fr
Mon Jun 24 12:13:53 EDT 2019

> How are you moving the message? Drag'n'drop, the “Move to Mailbox”
> interface, and/or explicit actions like “Move to Archive”?

« Move to mail box » (very handy). I suspect the order of appearance
is the most recently opened? Can it be modified?

> Are you looking for a general option to always do this? (Which I think
> would be annoying most of the time.)

Not general, although it would probably be easier to implement.

> I guess I'm asking, what is your use case? Maybe there's something
> which would work better for you. I'm thinking it might be better to
> think of it as two separate actions. No matter how you have moved the
> message, MailMate could have some kind of “Go to Mailbox of Most
> Recently Moved Message” shortcut to help you get to that location?
> (Preferably phrased in a more succinct manner.)

mailbox », which is a bit redundant, despite the fact that I have
keyboard shortcuts for each. Anything that would streamline this would
be appreciated.

> Or maybe “Go to Mailbox” (⌘T) should, maybe optionally, always
> default to the location of the moved-to mailbox if that was the most
> recent action.

Is this feasible?

> Just thinking out loud...
>
>>> I can’t think of a direct way - maybe you could do it with a new
>>> [Bundle](https://github.com/mailmate)?
>
>> thanks, I am working on it, but so far without success.
>
> I only think you could do that if you were using a key binding to move
> to a specific mailbox.

In fact I don’t, as I have too many mailboxes.  But I am curious : how
can you define a key binding to move to a specific mailbox?

Alain