[MlMt] position in mailbox

Sun Jun 23 11:09:47 EDT 2019

On 5 Jun 2019, at 14:35, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> Hi, recently I'm noticing that when I select a new mailbox to view,
> I'm often left with the oldest messages visible in the summary pane.
> Sometimes I'm left somewhere in the middle of the list of messages.
>
> What I prefer (and what I'm pretty sure used to be the case), is that
> the newest messages are in view whenever I select a mailbox.  This
> only seems to be an issue if there are no unread messages in the
> mailbox.

If you have a reproducible case then we can try to debug it (off list).
It should be something where you relaunch MailMate, select a mailbox,
and then that mailbox is not showing the most recent emails. The mailbox
should not be selected when you quit MailMate because this is a special
case where message should remember the current scroll position.

(To be honest, I don't recall the exact logic of default scroll
location, but I do see MailMate showing me the newest messages if I
select a mailbox not previously selected while running MailMate.)