[MlMt] Trouble with junk mail

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Thu Jul 25 10:27:08 EDT 2019

On 25 Jul 2019, at 15:20, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 24 Jul 2019, at 14:39, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>
>> I have noticed a strange problem lately: mails that has always gone
>> to incoming mailboxes are ending up in spam mailbox. This happens for
>> several of my accounts, using different providers, which would point
>> finger at my computer, that is spamsieve or MM. Notably not all mail,
>> just some of them, unfortunately, some are work-related. I checked
>> white and black lists in spamsieve and I can’t spot an issue there.
>> I even added a whitelisting of the sender addresses.
>
> This is one of those cases where it would be nice if MailMate kept a
> log of when it moves messages, but it doesn't. The best you can do is
> to review the following file to see if you have any unintentional
> rules (look for the `rules` keyword):
>
> 	/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Mailboxes.plist
>
> --
> Benny

Just checked: only one rule that moves msgs from spam to trash if they
are over 3 months old and it is disabled.
All the messages landing in spam have varying values of the spamscore
from spamsieve and from MM, some have none.
I am starting to think that several of my providers changed their rules
about the same time.
I need to revisit their settings.

Robert