[MlMt] Problem with tags.

Sun Jul 21 11:11:38 EDT 2019

On 16 Jul 2019, at 1:35, Jack Saturn wrote:

> The messages still exist, and I can find them if I go directly to the
> Archive folder, but there are no tags associated with them.
>
> Did something change with a Mailmate update which may have caused this
> issue?

I don't think so, but there could still have been some side-effect with
some IMAP servers related to some seemingly unrelated change.

> Is there something else I should be doing to make these tags stick?

First, note that some IMAP servers only support a limited number of
custom IMAP keywords and some servers do not support them at all (almost
only Exchange IMAP though).

You should try to see if you can reproduce any suspicious behavior by
applying tags and observing the “Raw Flags” (really should be IMAP
Keywords) column in the message list. Then try using “Message ▸
Reset...” to see if the message still has the IMAP keyword after being
refetched.

This might help narrow down the problem and reveal if MailMate or the
IMAP server is the problem.