[MlMt] Reply-all choosing the wrong addresses

Sun Jul 21 08:04:03 EDT 2019

On 24 Jun 2019, at 17:39, Eric Sharakan wrote:

> On 23 Jun 2019, at 11:15, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 6 Jun 2019, at 16:28, Eric Sharakan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, can we have an option that sets sender/from address on replies
>>> based solely on the account in which the message I'm replying to
>>> resides?
>>
>> If I understand correctly then the problem is that multiple recipient
>> addresses belong to you and in that case MailMate should prefer the
>> one belonging to the same account as the message replied?
>
> Yes I expect that's exactly the issue, though I do forget how MM
> determines the available identities?  Is it just based on the settings
> for each configured account?

The identities shown in the popup menu in the Composer are all taken
from the “Email Address(es)” field of the IMAP account editor. But
when replying to emails then another default identity might be
“constructed” if a “recipient” address matches an “Address
Pattern” of an account. This is for the types of address *only* used
for replies and not new threads (I have a lot of those myself).