[MlMt] location of Mailmate messages folder

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sat Jul 6 16:07:59 EDT 2019

On 6 Jul 2019, at 15:21, Peter Borsella wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m trying to identify the MailMate message file(s) so I can exclude
> those from the Time Machine backup process.  Can someone please point
> me to the right location?  I’ve seen conversations that it should be
> in my home folder Library, but I’m not sure.

In ~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/ there' a subdirectory named
Database.noindex containing the search indices and either another
containing the raw messages in an account & mailbox hierarchy named
Messages.noindex (OR a symbolic link just named Messages pointing to a
directory outside of ~/Library, if you've made the messages searchable
w/Spotlight)

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org