[MlMt] Multiple unread counters per IMAP account

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Jul 4 13:51:30 EDT 2019

On 4 Jul 2019, at 3:57, Bram Heerink wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I use multiple ‘inboxes’ per IMAP account. E-mail for a specific
> domain will be moved to a specific ‘inbox’ folder by Fastmail
> rules.
>
> I actually want to be able to have an extra unread counter for a
> specific folder in an IMAP account. Is something like this possible?

Yes. In the sidebar mailbox list, each item (smart mailbox or IMAP
source folder) has its own counter, selected in the contextual menu
(right-click/ctrl-click) or Messages->Displayed Count. You can also have
up to 4 counters displayed on the Dock icon and/or in the global menu
bad and/or generating Notifications, set in Preferences->Counters (which
has a non-intuitive UI: each of the 4 counters is selected by its icon
position, even if you have icon counter display off.)

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org